As a separate and distinct service from my mediation practice, I offer Legal Document Assistance (LDA).

I am licensed and bonded as a Legal Document Assistant, License #23, Sonoma County, term expiring on 7/30/09. I am not an attorney, and Alternative Mediation Services is not a law firm. I cannot represent you in court, advise you about your legal rights or the law, or select legal forms for you. I can only provide self help services at your specific direction.

Prior to 2001, independent LDA’s were called “paralegals.” Now the law provides that only paralegals working for attorneys can call themselves paralegals. Thus, the term Legal Document Assistant has replaced “paralegal” for those who were previously independent paralegals.


Besides having a law degree, I have extensive working experience as a paralegal and I am Department Head of Paralegal Program at Empire College.

I specialize in family law document preparation and can prepare legal documents for you at your specific direction. I can prepare:

1. Complete Uncontested Divorce Packets (Dissolution of Marriage);
2. Legal Separation;
3. Custody and Visitation;
4. Support – Child and Spousal;
5. Motions and Orders to Show Cause;
6. Restraining Orders;
7. Stipulations and Orders for Modifications;
8. Judgments;
9. Proposed Marital Settlement Agreements (to be reviewed by outside attorneys);
10. Any other miscellaneous legal documents as needed.

I can also direct you to or provide you with legal information to help educate yourself and make your own decisions about what you want to file with the court. These may be packets provided by the court, Nolo Press Publications, publications provided by CALDA (California Association of Legal Document Assistants), or other public information services.


Please contact my office for a complete listing of costs for all my services.

I provide a sliding scale for costs upon proof of low income (tax return, etc.).


Phone: (707) 217-4128
E-Mail: [email protected]